Congrats on your new purchase. If you’re viewing this article it means you’ve closed on a new home last year. One important reminder is you’ll want to file homestead exemption to receive primary residence tax discounts. This is for homes that you live in as your primary residence and you can only file homestead exemption on one home if you own multiple properties.
Some Important Details:
- Deadlines to file is April 1 of 2021.
- You must have owned your primary residence by January 1, 2021.
- You’ll only need to file this once for your current residence and it’s usually done in the subsequent year following your purchase.
- Most counties have an online application.
- Items to have on hand: Copy of your warranty deed;
- * Remember * Failure to apply is considered a waiver of the exemption
For county specific links, see below:
- Must Apply In Person.
Homestead exemption applications can be submitted via email or mail
- Email your application to email@example.com
– OR –
- Mail it to P.O. Box 562, Conyers, GA 30012
For more details click here